Posted On December 11, 2020
I love making fancy cocktails. I got especially enthusiastic about cocktails when I realized I can put herb sprigs from my garden in them and smell all that goodness while having a nice drink. Here’s a little something I concocted last night—I’m calling it Christmas Sangria.
- 4-5 oz dry red wine (I used a zin. You could use a sweeter wine or an actual sangria but I prefer my drinks on the dryer side).
- 1 oz bourbon (you don’t need much, the combo of bourbon and wine gives this one a punch)
- A tablespoon simple syrup or honey, to taste
- A dash of cinnamon
- 1 oz lemon juice
- A squeeze of orange juice
- A few fresh cranberries and a sprig of rosemary for garnish
- Topo Chico or sparkling water, to taste (to top off)
- A pretty glass full of ice
- A cocktail shaker
Pour all ingredients Except the cranberries, sparkling water and rosemary into the shaker. Shake vigorously. Pour over ice. Top off with as much sparkling water as you’d like. Serves 1.