Gluten free cranberry dark chocolate oatmeal cookies
So I definitely missed National Cookie Day last week. For a food blogger, this is kind of a crime. But never fear, I am making it up to you! We baked these a few days ago and are still enjoying them.
- Six tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I used this kind)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 (or more) cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat your oven to 350. Cream together the two sugars, the butter and the egg. Sift the dry ingredients in one by one, mixing as you go. Fold in the oats, cranberries, and chocolate. Take large rounded tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Place them on the prepared cookie sheet (I use parchment paper but no stick coconut oil spray will do, too).
Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the tops start to turn golden. They will still be a little raw when you take them out, but leave them to finish cooking on the hot cookie sheet for ten minutes or so.